Sunday, July 4, 2021

My Results: I don't know what to think...

So I got my M-spike information back and I am very confused. 

At my other doctor,  the below was the result. 

GAMMA 1 M-SPIKE 0.2 g/dL

GAMMA 2 M-SPIKE 0.2 g/dL

SERUM ELECTROPHORESIS INTERPRETATION Two faint bands with restricted mobility (M-spike) in the gamma region consistent with monoclonal gammopathy. IFE testing on 11/17/2020 revealed two IgM kappa monoclonal proteins. Electronically signed by  MD.

 

At Dana Farber

Gamma M Spike 1         0.25 g/dl*

Protein Electrophoresis:

-Two M-spikes detected

One M-spike is admixed within a background of polyclonal immunoglobulins. The M-spike concentration reported includes both the M-spike and the polyclonal immunoglobulin background and is thus an overestimate. One Immunofixation shows a faint M-spike that is not apparent on the electropherogram and, therefore, cannot be quantitated.

Immunofixation:
-Double gammopathy with IgM Kappa paraprotein.
The findings are consistent with monomeric and pentameric forms of IgM
paraprotein, and do not necessarily indicate biclonality.

So I am SOOOO confused.  Was this an improvement? Was this just a different way of coming up with the same result? I have no idea.

My guess is that this is an improvement /stable because all the other test came back normal. But at the same time I wonder about all this polyclonal immuogloblins talk. Does this meant that I have some sort of chronic infection that I don't know about? I ask because my hs-crp is high as well. 

Now I am kind of obsessed with finding out what could be causing the polyclonal immunoglobulins. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am finally done with Keto.

Since the start of the pandemic I have been heavily invested in Keto and fasting. What captured my interest was the book, "Anyway you c...