Sunday, June 6, 2021

Blood Thinning and MGUS - again.

One of the frustrating parts about MGUS is that there is so little information, both about MGUS proper and about things you can do around MGUS.  But something that sticks out to me as something which must be dangerous ... is the thickening of the blood. No, I know that Dr. Kyle told me that doesn't happen except in advanced cases of MGUS, but, I don't believe we are talking about the same thing. I believe he is talking about thickening of the blood that is dangerous and requires medical intervention and I am talking about ANY thickening of the blood.  

It is well-known that thicker blood is more associated with cancer.  All blood thinning medication and blood thinning supplements are associated with less cancer.  This includes blood thinners like Warfarin and Supplements like Tumeric. Diabetics have thicker blood and in fact, the American Diabetes Association recommends 1 baby aspirin per day.  

And someone just gave me a big tip as to how that can be. 
Anti angiogenesis plays a role in starving cancers. Thin blood can cause anti angiogenesis. Pruning off blood supply to cancers. Thick blood leads to angio genesis, where a cancer signals the body to grow blood to feed the cancer cells.

I have asked for a citation to this but my  preliminary looking at it... seems accurate. This came up in the context of discussing fasting. And fasting is known to thin the blood. Though we are not sure why... it could be due to autopahagy or it could be due to messages to produce less red blood cells.  People on blood thinners are warned to discuss fasting with their doctors -- because the dose of blood thinner has to go down.  I know when I do donate blood I cannot fast for the two weeks surrounding it. 

So for me.. it is crucial that anyone who has MGUS keep their blood thin from the moment they are diagnosed. It is like a snowball rolling down hill... Mgus slightly thickens your blood, thicker blood encourages cells to go cancerous..... At the same time MGUS patients are specifically stopped from doing the one thing that is most likely to (and safe) keep our blood thin.. donate blood.  What a perfect recipe for disaster. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am finally done with Keto.

Since the start of the pandemic I have been heavily invested in Keto and fasting. What captured my interest was the book, "Anyway you c...