Thursday, February 25, 2021

SO GOT MY RESULTS

And I am happy to say that I am thrilled.

M-spike: Went down.  From .5 g/dl to .4 g/dl. 

Light Chains: Went down massively. Both Lamda and Kappa were normal and my ratio went from an abnormal 1.9 to a very normal, and the best ever 1.4. That takes me out of the high(er) risk range.

IGM Immunoglobin: Well this one went up a little. From 290 to 296. But it is still normal and, if seems as if it might just be something that could run high in the winter.  Both my IGA and my IGG were higher and are in the normal range as well.  Remember this number can include polyclonal antibodies.

Hemogram and Differental: Absolutely spectacular.  Everything was normal. 

Comprehensive Metabolic Panel: Absolutely spectacular. Everything was normal. 

I have to lay this at the feet of keto / fasting. My thought is that it has to be related to inflammation. Now to be fair, it also might have to do with my getting my tests last time after having blood drawn for research donation. However, I think it is more likely to do with inflammation and its effects on MGUS. For me the only possible reasons I could have gotten MGUS in the first place seems to have been inflammation. Almost everything else was really ruled out. 

You see, last June I also was doing Keto and fasting.  And those tests too, were also spectacular. My M-spike came back lower than now. .3g/dl and all the other tests were normal and great. So it seems obvious to me that perhaps, doing this keto and fasting could actually lead to this going away. The problem so far is that I haven't stayed fasting for long enough.

I have been listening to a doctor on you tube called Dr. Cywes... he is amazing. The explanations he gives for things are pretty spectacular and, when I look them up... he is right.  He talks about how inflammation is really a disorder of water -- caused by glucose molecules.  He says that 1 molecule of glucose goes into the cell with 4 or 5 of water. Eventually the cell uses the glucose but the water remains. This is inflammation. Now your cell(s) are running around with too much water and inflammation.  And doesn't this seem likely? Haven't you noticed the "puffiness" of people today?

Normally, your body uses inflammation to denote to the immune system what cells need to be looked at. Inflammation is normally something triggered when there is a virus or bacteria.  He says that inflammation is not a bad thing. There is a normal homeostasis of autophagy and inflammation that keeps your system working right. But if you are eating carbs a far too great number of cells are "inflamed" and your immune system is disposing off far too many good cells and calling for more cells to be created. Is that not a recipe for a mistake?

I will include the link at the end. For the moment I am going to see what happens the rest of the year as I do keto and fast for a longer period. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

I am finally done with Keto.

Since the start of the pandemic I have been heavily invested in Keto and fasting. What captured my interest was the book, "Anyway you c...