Sunday, April 4, 2021

Trying to Sleuth Out how this happened: Part two.

Potential #2

Occurred as a result of increased stomach adipose tissue and the increased inflammation. 

I have always known it was dangerous to be overweight in the 40s to 60s age group.  Thus, in 2012 I decided I was going to get thin. I did a liquid diet and, I got thin, I dropped to 155 lbs. The problem, it took me 9 months to do so eating 800 cals per day. And my metabolism absolutely adjusted downward. Through pure will power, I managed to keep it off until 2014 but several jolts to my willpower made it difficult and I quickly added weight. 

2015 I tried again but I realized something was wrong. I was just not losing weight easily. I went to a weight program and had my metabolism tested - 1100. They literally thought the machine was broken. Thus I realized I had to increase my eating to get it up.

So from 2015 to 2019 I did that, and unfortunately I gained most of the weight back. But by the summer of 2019 I had the metabolism tested and my metabolism was back up around 1590. Now the question was, how do I lose it once and for all so that I do not have my metabolism reduce? 

I never got the chance. During my first attempt (time restricted eating) I was diagnosed with MGUS. 

I believe what happened was this:

  • From 2016 to 2019 I started down the menopause road and that helped form where the increased weight went (mostly stomach).
  • The increased adipose tissue in the stomach increased inflammation and that sustained increased inflammation over years caused damage to my Haematopoietic stem cells.
  • During this time I indulged in sugar and sweets - increasing inflammation. 
  • In late December 2019 I came down with an extremely aggressive cold of some sort that is highly unusual for me. I had a high fever and cough and it lasted a week.  My body called for new B-cells and the body created clonal cells from the damaged stem cells. 
  • Two months later, I was diagnosed with MGUS. It appeared to just have started as almost all other tests came back normal but for the M-spike which was low. .5 g dl.
Evidence Supporting this
  1. New research is laying the feet at MGUS and progression at Chronic Inflammation. Obesity causes chronic inflammation.
  2. It just seems to me that whatever happened, happened as a direct result of that "illness" in 2019 which was quite aggressive and unlike anything I had seen before, possibly an early version of Covid-19. 
  3. My MGUS results are extremely low, suggesting that whatever happened, happened close in time to discovery.
Evidence against
  1. WBC seemingly reducing in summer 2018 could have been the reason that the "cold" I caught in December 2019 was so aggressive... my immune system was not as good as pre menopause.
  2. Given that my m-spike hasn't moved in a year, it could be that the problem happened far earlier than December of 2019 and I simply do not know it yet. 
To me, this seems like the most likely explanation given what I know about the health of the body. Things usually take a long time to break and many surveys done on the MGUS board tell me that people usually have a LOT more vaccinations than I do... so one random vaccine seems unlikely to have caused an issue. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am finally done with Keto.

Since the start of the pandemic I have been heavily invested in Keto and fasting. What captured my interest was the book, "Anyway you c...