Wednesday, August 25, 2021

Update on Health Tests

A good 6 weeks after stopping Alternate Day Fasting.... things have normalized.

  • HS-CRP is 1.7 mg/L
  • Cholesterol Total is 311
  • LDL is 220 
  • CRP is a shocking (shocking good) 1.8 (was previously in the 4 and 6 range).
  • HDL is 59. 
  • Sed Rate went from 28 to 14. 
First, I want everyone to note that my doctor failed to 1. Apologize for being dead wrong and not listening to me and 2. In fact, made zero comment. Perhaps that is because she has already been fired.  But in 6 weeks I dropped my cholesterol from 450 to 311.  I bet she has never seen such a thing.  If she and her cardiologist buddies had their way I would have been on pills for the rest of my life.  I found the root cause instead. 

HS-CRP is close to my normal level. All during my 30s and 40s when I had it tested I was around 1.5 mg/l.  It has dropped from the 4s to normal. 

Cholesterol remains higher than I would like, normally I am around 250 to 270. But I also have found out that cholesterol increases after menopause. I have to ask why? IF your body increases something --why would it be bad for you? IMHO it isn't. It is something that is good for you.  Cholesterol is protective. 

I will admit though I had NO idea that ADF could cause these issues. I fear I did damage to myself and possibly damage to my MGUS. I had no idea that cortisol could go up so much with fasting. 

My guess is that it has to be fasting. In 2012 I did a liquid diet. Though, I was only eating about 700 cals per day... I didn't have these kind of horrible results. My HS-crp did go up but.. my cholesterol wasn't that bad.  I saw some information about how low insulin can cause cortisol release. So I think I need to eat 1x per day to avoid a large cortisol release. 

My plan:
  1. Keto Meal plan.
  2. Time restricted Eating (1100 cals per day).
  3. Eat in the morning to head off cortisol release.
  4. One 40 hour fast - 1 time per week.
  5. Exercise - 30 minutes per day 3 or 4 times per week.
  6. Considering trying to give up coffee.
Based on historical weight loss this should have me losing 1 lb per week. If I do that until January I will be down 16 lbs. That will have me about10 lbs above normal weight. That is the goal. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am finally done with Keto.

Since the start of the pandemic I have been heavily invested in Keto and fasting. What captured my interest was the book, "Anyway you c...